Thursday, July 9, 2015

Night Etching: Spiritual Bath

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. Wash me thouroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight; That You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You judge. -Psalm 51: 1-4


Nothing can make the body, that has worked and/or played very hard all day from sunrise to sundown, feel more relaxed, invigorating, and clean than a good hot shower or bath right before bedtime. This is also true of our spirit after a hard day of temptations, dealing with others, and trying to glorify our Lord and Savior. But instead of a literal bath or shower that cleanses the body, a Christian can cleanse their spirit by asking God for mercy for all the shortcomings that may have happened in the day: short-tempered with some people, bad thoughts, etc,. Once a Christian goes over their whole day and asks God's forgiveness and are truly repentant, he feels as clean as one who takes a bath or shower before bedtime.
Can you think of some things that happened that you may ask for forgiveness from God?

No comments:

Post a Comment