Thursday, July 16, 2015

Morning Inception: The Thirst for God

As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirst for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" -Psalm 42:1-3


There is nothing more gratifying on a hot summer day than to have an ice cold cola. The cola tastes so much better than usual that sometimes the thought that this one was made a little special comes to mind. But the difference wasn't the cola, but the one thirsting. The same is true for God. He is always good, but He is even better in times of need when life looks hopelessly messed up. In those times God's Word is so good your spirit feels as if its in His presence.
Doe Drinking-1760.jpg | byTears can seem like food when they are so frequent and feel so needed. In some moments, a day or a time without tears can seem strange. When crying, our hopes are that our worries will flow away with the tears.
They ask about the location of my God, but don't realize that He is here helping to solve that concern and take away that worry. My Father always hears His children cry and relieves our burdens. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment