Monday, July 13, 2015

Morning Inception: The Right of Adoption

But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. -John 1: 12-13


As I read these verses over and over again, allowing God to fill my heart with His meaning, my thoughts drift to the time in the Sunday morning service at the end where the preacher calls those in need of salvation to walk forward to him to confess Jesus is Lord. I have heard a few preachers make calls to the audience, while the choir and instrumentalists are playing a song like, "Come as You Are", for up to thirty minutes. Eventually, someone comes down while the audience is clapping.
I am not one to question a person and their motives, but after reading these verses, I wonder if that person that came down was born of God or of that preacher's will?
When I gave my life to Jesus, I was alone in my front yard. I raised my hand and said, "I want You as my Lord and Savior." I knew I needed Him to be my... everything. I believed in His name.
My salvational birth was not from my need for Him to fix a problem or from the will of the preacher or from the will of my family, but from hearing His Word and its power piercing my heart. May our relationship in our Lord and Savior grow stronger and stronger day by day. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment