Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Night Etching: The Lord My Shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. -Psalm 23: 1-3


Sheep have seven stomachs. When they initially eat the grass they don't receive any nutrients from the grass. They only receive nutrients from the grass when they lie down in the pasture and regurgitate what they had eaten before. This is the same way for us when we read God's Word. We don't receive any nourishment from His Word when we initially read, but when we take time to meditate on what the meaning is in our lives.
Also, the psalmist talks about how the Lord leads us beside still water. A sheep must never drink around rushing water for if they ever fall in, their wool will become soaked. Once soaked the wool becomes very heavy. The sheep will drown.
The sheep must find still water to drink from for nourishment and for safety. Praise the Lord for always leading us where we need to go. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment