Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Night Etching: Jehovah Jireh

And Abraham lifted up his eyes his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called the name of that place, "The Lord will provide"; as it is said to this day, "On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided. -Genesis 22:13,14


When troubles were very many during a financial crisis after the business I owned was coming to an end, I placed my faith totally in Him. What I thought was one of the worst experiences in my life, I now look back as one of the best.
My business had failed. Between that and my personal debts, I owed a lot of money. My debts exceeded my revenue. I was a new Christian and placed my total trust in Him. As a ritual, on Mondays, I would write down all the debts that were due that week on a piece of paper. I would then total all the debts owed for that week, not worrying about any other week. I would then pray to God for that amount. One week we had a tremendous amount that was due. I was honest when I spoke to God saying, "I don't see how You are going to cover that." In the mail during that week, we received a refund from two years back from the government for the amount that we needed. I was amazed at what He does when we leave all in His hands!  The term Jehovah Jireh means, "the Lord will provide." He does! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment